Go to Wikipedia and look up your birthday (excluding the year). List three neat facts, two births, and one death in your journal, including the year.
On October 28:
- 1538: The first university in the New World, the Universidad Santo Tomás de Aquino, is established.
- 1868: Thomas Edison applied for his first patent, the electric vote recorder.
- 1919: Prohibition begins: The U.S. Congress passes the Volstead Act over President Woodrow Wilson's veto.
- 1914: Jonas Salk, American medical scientist (d. 1995)
- 1955: Bill Gates, American software pioneer
- 1818: Abigail Adams, First Lady of the United States (b. 1744)